OFFICIAL RULES FOR “MASTER HOLIDAY CHEF CHALLENGE” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN ALASKA AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Dates. The “Master Holiday Chef Challenge” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) October 15, 2012 and ends 11:59 PM ET December 31, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Sweepstakes Period consists of daily entry periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”) and weekly entry periods (each a “Weekly Entry Period”). For purposes of this Sweepstakes each Daily Entry Period begins at 12:01 AM ET and ends at 11:59 PM ET each day and each Weekly Entry Period begins at 12:01 AM ET on Monday and ends at 11:59 PM ET the following Sunday (except for the last Weekly Entry Period which ends at 11:59 PM ET on Monday, December 31, 2012).
2. Eligibility. Open only to those individuals who meet the following criteria: (a) legal resident of one of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia and Hawaii; and (b) 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Alaska and where prohibited by law.
3. Entries. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, go to http://www.masterholidaychef.com to view the gallery and then complete and submit the entry form by voting for your favorite holiday meal and providing your date of birth, first and last name, complete mailing address, e-mail address, phone number (including area code) and the preferred local retailer for the Daily Prize if selected as a winner (see section 5 for prize details) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Voting will occur from 12:01 AM ET October 15, 2012 through 11:59 PM ET December 12, 2012. You can enter without voting from 12:01 AM ET December 13, 2012 through 11:59 PM ET December 31, 2012 by completing and submitting the entry form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All eligible entries received will be eligible for the applicable Daily and Weekly Entry Period drawing/s and the drawing for the Grand Prize (as described in section 5). Submission of erroneous or incomplete information will void the submitted entry. Limit one (1) entry per person and per e-mail address per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If multiple entries are received in excess of the stated limitation from any person or e-mail address during the Sweepstakes Period, only the first entry received from such person or e-mail address for applicable Daily or Weekly Entry Period will be eligible for entry. All entries, whether or not selected as a winner, become the property of the Sponsor (as defined below) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
4. Drawings. Random drawings will be conducted approximately one (1) day after the conclusion of each Daily and Weekly Entry Period for the Daily and Weekly Prize (as described in section 5) from among all eligible entries received. At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, a random drawing will be conducted on or about January 2, 2013 for the Grand Prize (as described in section 5) from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C. (“Promoter”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the applicable drawing. Non-winning eligible entries from one Daily or Weekly Entry Period’s drawing will not roll-over into subsequent drawings for any Daily or Weekly Prize.
5. Prizes. Daily Prizes (78 total, 1 per Daily Entry Period): One (1) $25.00 gift card to retailer of winner’s choice (as indicated on entry form) (certain terms & conditions as specified by issuer apply) (Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) $25.00 each). Weekly Prize packages (11 total, 1 per Weekly Entry Period): One (1) KitchenAid® Ultra Power® Series Stand Mixer (Model KSM95WH) (ERV $359.99 each), one (1) KitchenAid® 13-Cup Food Processor with Exactslice™ System (Model KFP1333WH) (ERV $249.99 each) and one (1) KitchenAid® 3-Speed Hand Blender (Model KHB2351WH) (ERV $79.99 each). Total ERV of each Weekly Prize package is $689.97. Grand Prize package (1 for Sweepstakes Period): One (1) Canon PowerShot G series Digital Camera (ERV $499.99) and a trip for two (2) (winner and one (1) guest) to the restaurant of the chef with the winning holiday meal (as determined by Sponsor). Trip consists of the following: roundtrip coach commercial air transportation from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to the city where winning chef’s restaurant is located; standard double occupancy accommodations for three (3) days/two (2) nights at a hotel designated by Sponsor (one (1) room); ground transportation to/from destination hotel and airport; dinner for winner and guest at the winning chef’s restaurant (as determined by Sponsor); a private cooking demo with the chef (based upon chef’s availability); and $500.00 (for winner only, awarded in the form of a $500.00 check) (Maximum ERV of trip portion of Grand Prize package is $4,500.00). Total maximum ERV of Grand Prize package is $4,999.99. Actual value may vary based upon location of departure and destination cities and no compensation or substitution will be provided for any difference in prize value. Total maximum ERV of all prizes combined is $14,539.66. Winners are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, and with respect to Grand Prize package, luggage fees, additional ground transportation, meals, gratuities and souvenirs. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit one (1) Daily Prize and one (1) Weekly Prize per person and per household for the duration of the Sweepstakes Period. Daily and Weekly Prize winners will be eligible to win the Grand Prize package. TRAVEL CONDITIONS FOR GRAND PRIZE: Dates of travel to be determined by Sponsor. If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of destination, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. If, for whatever reason, the chef is not available for cooking demo, no compensation or substitution will be provided, however remainder of prize package will be awarded and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to such winner. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent, on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Winner and guest must travel together on same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a prize; if a stopover occurs, the prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. The “Promotion Entities” (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her state of residence (and at least 18), unless he/she is winner’s child or legal ward. Guest (or winner, if the guest is winner’s child or legal ward) must execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to travel. If potential winner is unable to travel on dates determined by Sponsor, the Grand Prize package will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Time permitting, Sponsor will use reasonable efforts to award prize to an alternate winner. Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all travel documents required by airline and comply with all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card.
6. Entrant Limits. Employees of Alouette Cheese USA LLC (“Sponsor”), Vault Communications, Inc., Promoter, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win. Void in AK and where prohibited. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
7. Notification. Potential winners will be notified by phone or e-mail using the information provided at the time of entry. If attempt to contact a potential winner is by phone, Sponsor will make two (2) attempts to leave a message. In the event that any e-mail to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable, any phone number provided by a potential winner is incorrect or no longer in service, a response to any given e-mail or phone call is not received within three (3) business days of date of its issuance or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Potential Grand Prize winner and Weekly Prize winners will, and potential Daily Prize winners may be required, in the sole discretion of the judges, to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where imposing such condition is legal, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right, at its discretion, to substitute a prize or portion of prize with one of comparable or greater value. In the event a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
8. Entrant Agreements. By participating, entrant agrees: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor and the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of entrant’s name, likeness and biographical data by Sponsor and its designees for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, right of review or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT THE PROMOTION ENTITIES (1) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the SWEEPSTAKES or any SWEEPSTAKES-related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO), and (2) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors, problems or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of votes or entries, the announcement of the prizes, prizes that are undeliverable or lost, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials or for any damage to entrant’s or other person’s hardware or software as a result of participation. Promotion Entities are also not responsible for entries or votes that are lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled and all such votes and/or entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by the judges will be disqualified and their entries/votes will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Entries/votes generated by script, macro or any automated system or with the intent to impair the integrity of the entry/voting process is prohibited and all such entries/votes will be void. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or if Sweepstakes is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void all associated entries/votes) whose conduct potentially compromises the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its sole discretion to award the prize(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing(s) prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. CONDITIONS AND OTHER LIMITS. As a condition of participating, ENTRANT agrees that a) under no circumstances will ENTRANT be permitted to SEEK, obtain OR OTHERWISE RECEIVE awards for, and ENTRANT hereby waives all rights to claim DIRECT, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out of pocket expenses, if any, and b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this SWEEPSTAKES, or any compensation or credit to be provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, if any, AND in no event SHALL YOU BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE attorneys’ fees OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in the courts serving residents of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the JAMS Endispute. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party.
11. Winner Information. The names of the Weekly and Grand Prize winners (available after January 31, 2013) and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: “Master Holiday Chef Challenge” Sweepstakes - Winners/Rules (please specify which), P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156, for receipt no later than April 1, 2013. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
12. Sponsor and Promoter: Alouette Cheese USA LLC, 400 South Custer Avenue, New Holland, PA 17557.
Promoter: Trymark Consulting Group, L.L.C., P.O. Box 295, Gainesville, VA 20156.
© 2012 Alouette Cheese USA LLC. All rights reserved. ALOUETTE and the ALOUETTE logo are registered trademarks of BC-USA, Inc.
Canon and PowerShot are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may be registered trademarks in other countries.
KitchenAid is a trademark of KitchenAid, U.S.A. © 2012 All Rights Reserved.